Skip to main content


Who do I contact about my ambulance bill? 

Clinton Fire Protection District

P.O Box 467, Wheeling, IL 60090-0457


Burning Permit? 

In CFPD, it is not required to obtain a burning permit to burn during the year.  Instead, we ask that if you are going to burn please give us a call at 608-767-5550 and let us know when and where you're burning, your name, and your phone number. That being said, it is still a good idea to keep in mind the conditions that may make burning dangerous (dry conditions, strong winds, etc.) to both life and property.

What does CFPD do when it comes to staffing? 

CFPD is a hybrid part-time/volunteer department. The EMS side is part-time, with an ambulance crew staffing an ambulance around the clock. Our day crew staff are at the station from 6 am to 6 pm, 7 days a week. The Fire side is handled by volunteers and respond to calls as they come in. Many of our members do both EMS and Fire duties, sometimes on the same call.